Monday, May 7, 2007

Jeans Hunting

As you guys know, I went shopping/jeans hunting yesterday, right? Well, it’s not that smooth like I wanted it to be…but here’s what happened…


Waiting at Pekan Rabu...

My day started out with waiting for Dad to fetch me to City Plaza at home, he was supposed to fetch me at 9.30 a.m. but he was late and only came back home to pick me up at 10 a.m. I was a little annoyed since he was late and I’m afraid that Sheng might be mad at me because I told him to meet up at 10 a.m. Eventually, I reach the plaza by 10.30 a.m., which was 30 minutes late. Luckily Sheng was okay with it, we took our breakfast at McD’s…apple pies only…After that, we kinda just loitered around waiting for her aunt to fetch us to Alor Star Mall…basically, my day began with a lot of waiting…

Then, I received a SMS from Alex, saying that he won’t be able to join us because he was down with diarrhea --- aiyo!--- which was a major halt to our plan cause Alex is the only one with driving license and was supposed to drive us around town. Not long after that, Apple (Chai Ping, you need a Christian name la…from now on I’ll call u Apple…hehehe) also said she won’t be coming…she said it was inconvenient for her, I knew she wanted to come out and hang out badly… but I guess she thought that she would be bothering me and Sheng, which was so not the case… it’s no fun la… sometimes the more the merrier ma…In the end, only left me and Sheng, two shopping freaks nia…sigh…


Me and Sheng...do we really look alike? No la...

However, I decided that I should make the best out of the worst. So, while waiting for his aunt to come, Sheng and I just went on a little detour to the Pekan Rabu Bazaar, which I honestly never been to in my 18 years of life in Kedah. Unlike always, I insisted that we use the overbridge (jejantas) to get across to the bazaar. And then an idea hit me and we took this picture of me…doing an Iwan-pose…


This is for Iwan...I did my best to pose like he did on the suspension bridge in one of his pics on his site...hahaha...

The Pekan Rabu Bazaar is a little crowded to me, and most of the stuffs they sell at every store are very much alike…some traditional Malay tidbits, baju Melayu, songkok and many more…One thing I liked about this place is the mosaic floor and walls which give the place a mysterious, bluish atmosphere. We didn’t really stay there for a long time, since the weather was hot and there’s no air conditioning in the bazaar, which made it twice hotter than outside…so we kinda just window shop very quickly…and leave.


Pekan Rabu Bazaar...

At first, we planned to take a bus back to Pacific (another mall) after we’re done shopping at Alor Star Mall, but then the weather seemed to be very bad, dark clouds and overcast…so it might rain sooner or later, so instead of being drench to our skin while walking to the bus stop, I called Xin Yi, my cousin to fetch us to the nearby bus stop…just in case it rains, fortunately she agreed! Well, she just got her own car…so she’s more than willing to try it out…wahahaha…However, it never rained…buat suspens saja la…


Will it rain soon?

A snapshot of colors...just a random pic I took...love the bright colors.

Guess what! I manage to find two pairs of great jeans that only cost me RM75 both! It’s an awesome bargain! I bought the jeans at Jefferson in Alor Star Mall. As the saying goes, a picture speak of a thousand words, so here some pics of the jeans…it’s a lttle blurry though…

Nice le...i like the grey one the most!


This is how it looks from front...plain..with some fraying...

This is the back...I really like the embroideries on the back pocket...kinda ethnic...

A closer look at the patterns...

At about 2.30 in the afternoon, we met up with Xin Yin who drove us to the bus stop opposite Simpang Kuala and we took a bus back to City Plaza and then walk for about 10 minutes to Pacific for lunch. We took our lunch at Wah Tua Guan, which is a Chinese herbal soup restaurant. We ate rice with Ginseng Chicken and Rainbow Roll. Very yummy!

Let's makan!


Now you see it, now you don't...hahaha...


I'm one happy customer...remind me of Paulene...wakakaka....

After that, we just hang out and went to the arcade for some fun!

Sheng: Not so fast, not so furious la...

The day out was not really what I had in mind…but I did manage to get the jeans that I needed so badly…hahaha…Hey, who’s up for another day out before I go to KL? Wanna have my own farewell party ma…any suggestions?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!YOU camwhore????!!!dude!first time see you camwhore(got influence from me right?hahaha!)!dude!first time see you really put so many photos inside one post!!DUDE!You wear that cap!!!DUDE!You already grow a LOT of hair!!Time to cut liao la..hahahahahaha!!

Remind of my happy face leh!I know that!thank you for missing and remind of my lovely face!!muacks!!know you really miss me liao d!muahahahaa!!!!!

Sheng playing car race?!Oi!why no ajak me!I love playing car racing!!aiya...

Paiseh liao.sure can't join you out before you go KL.nevermind!one day i'll go pay a visit to you in KL then we can go gai gai!DON't spend on jeans liao lah...spend them when i come find you instead!!hahahaha...nehnehneh~~

leonard leao said...

To Paulene,

Wei! Where got! I din camwhore na...this is call self-portrait na..ngekngekngek..Ya meh...but reall took me hours to put these photos lo...Yes...i bought the cap at Sg. Wang! Love it...muahahaha...OH, don worry, I'll cut my hair on Friday la...

So you agree that the cucumber face look like u la...wakakaka...just joking la..jangan marah...

Yalo...dunno race what...actually the arcade very bisisng la...NVM...u can join us sometime in the future lo...it's not like u r stuck at Aus forever...

Iwan said...

hahaha!!!
oh dear, i cant stop laughing when i see u took pose with the pose that i took on the bridge.. btw, that bridge is in taiwan...

haha!! i wondered are u mixed or pure chinese cos u dun really look like 100% chinese cos ur eyes very besar lah.. hahaha!!!

al my jeans are blue in colour but upon sseing u bought that grey jeans, it inspired me to buy jeans of others colours aside from the usual blue.. oh ya, that grey jeans is awesome...

hahaha! btw, that restaurant halal ar cos isaw melayu in the pics lei... hahaha!!!

p/s: NICE PICS WITH NICE POSE...

apple-rainbow said...

both of u eat 'apple' pies in mc donald...(T.T)...

lazy to write long long d comment...

leonard leao said...

To Iwan,

Hahahaha...somehow the jejantas remind me of ur bridge...so i imitate ur pose lo...It's not copyrighted kut...hahahaha....

I'm mixed...chinese and kadazan, but most of my relatives (pure chinese) also have big eyes...it's kinda in family genes liao...

It is awesome...yeah, sometimes should try other colors also...just for the sake of fun la...hahaha...

Ya...the place we went for lunch is indeed halal...other than herbal soup and tea, they also serve nasi ekonomi and ice kacang or cendol...so very diverse taste...

Thanks...never knew i'm so photogenic..wakakaka~

leonard leao said...

To Apple,

Dun be sad la...eh...seriously, if i ask u guys to come out for a reunion and farewell for me can? Maybe by June la...but u guys will be busy with school and tuition liao wor...sigh...i'm hoping for a get-together before we all parted ways...

cc said...

Love the embroideries on the back pockets, very cool!

p/s: Thanks for dropping by! :)