Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dad's Adventure in Gerik

Hmmph!...I'm bored la...everybody is starting school already. I feel so left out, July is still a long way away...I wonder what I should do. Sorry la guys, life has been sooooooo boring lately that nothing worth blogging about had happened...oh, about the "Haircut" post, I'm working on it la...hahaha...

In the meantime, here are some photos from my Dad expedition to Gerik, Perak. I was supposed to go with him, but I have to go for Taylor's interview...bummer right? Anyway enjoy the pics!

The expedition members...mostly MCA's people la...


Boat ride to the orang asli village...so cool!


Arriving..."look up there in the sky, it's a bird...it's a plane...it's the SUN la...wakakaka~"


My Dad...giving toys to the children...


That toy he's giving was my christmas present from him...it's great that little gestures can bring such joy...


My cousin's toy turtle also managed to spread some goodwill...lol...


After roaming the village...now it's as I said "Let's makan!"


Then it's swimming time...no skinny-dipping allowed though...wakakaka~


The villagers...how simple life is for them...


Sometimes, we forget how fortunate we are until we met those who are less fortunate than us, but they seemed happier in their own way...


The grass will always be greener on the other side, but still it's not a desert we are in...let's be grateful shall we?...


P/S: Oh...Dad is bringing me to a Thai cultural event soon (3oth of May)...he said it's like a tribute to their ancestors...it's sound interesting...and there's a promise of photos galore!

4 comments:

Iwan said...

Nard bro,
u are not alone lah.. i am starting my school in july too!!

Wakakakaa!!!

So boring lah, nothin to do..

oh ya, waitin for that haircut post..

leonard leao said...

To Iwan,

Really? U r getting ur masters? That's cool! Yala...damned boring...

Wah...everyone wanna see my haircut post...must go and work hard liao...wakakaka...thanks!

U have a nice weekend urself man!

Anonymous said...

see, your father is so gread! still don't know how to appereciate him? erghh...so fil like keeling you.





alex

leonard leao said...

To Alex,

I know la...but remember what i told u about attitude?...very important too...