Tuesday, May 1, 2007

a tale of two TVs

It is a well known fact that my family members are procrastinators.

I haven’t register at any driving school since January and all my friends can now drive with ease. Mum still can’t find time to shop for textiles so that she can start her own label and Dad, well he just sent in his income tax form yesterday, which is in the last minute.

But worst of all, none of my parents have taken the initiative to buy a new TV. I being financially inadequate, is totally out of this story…Let me explain…

It happened not so long ago, the day after I returned from KL. It was about 8 p.m. and like always I switched on the ancient SETRON telly that is much older than myself. Old enough to be considered antique. However, unlike the normal pictures and sounds that normal TV would make, all I got was white noise and a pitch black screen. White noise. Black screen. Ironic…

After a few attempts to revive SETRON, Mum came running to the living room (I was hitting SETRON with my fist) and told me that our beloved telly had broken down. The reason, Bigboy had pissed on it and most probably soaked up all the wires which eventually gone ka-boom! Bigboy is one of our cats, in case you are wondering. Poor SETRON, from telly to toilet in the mercy of a feline.

Mum told me to use the other TV in our house, an equally ancient television with the brand — QUINTRIX. Are we the only family using all these weird brands? Just like her name, QUINTRIX acted like a queen. She kept changing channel on her own accord and if she don’t feel like showing the program, she’ll give you a blank screen but with the sound just to make you more frustrated.

That’s three days ago, SETRON is still sitting atop his shelves, comatose. While QUINTRIX sit beside him, being the TV diva that she is. I’ll miss SETRON and I’ll probably learn to love QUINTRIX but I think it’s time for a new TV. A SONY maybe?

5 comments:

Paupau said...

really never heard this brand before..lolz...go sell lah..who knows the museum wants those antiques...muahahahahaha.....told you not to rear so many cats liao lor..see what it has done to your antique TV..muahahahahahaha

leonard leao said...

Yala...maybe i should sell it to the museum...who knows I can trade them for many...many...new TVs! Wakakaka!

apple-rainbow said...

Both of u really sot jor...

leonard leao said...

we where got sot? It's a good business plan le...

apple-rainbow said...

good business plan...hm...ok...when u sold out ur antique tv...belanja me la...